September 5, 2019
Bruce Walker KE7SJZ President
Norm Reger KD7TQM Vice President
Falicia Anderson KF7TAH Secretary
Eric Anderson AC7V Treasurer
Harley Leach KI7XF
Don Godward N7FLT
Gary Gramer KI7QVZ
T Rozenbroek KB2BCG
Scott Bechtle KJ7DLC
Renee Reger KF7DER
Jim Hall AA8Y
Larry Hayden KF7L
Rich Michau W7AMT
Chris Russell K8FLA
Ken Makos KK6GHA
Don Wilson KC7EWZ
Fischer Lord KM4VED
Call to Order: Bruce Walker KE7SJZ called the meeting to order @7:00 PM. Followed by introductions.
Treasurer’s Report: Eric Anderson AC7V-Beginning balance; $1,636.00 Income from dues of $40.00, $150.00 donation in remembrance of Fred Cady, Expenses; $50.00 for W7ED trailer, $150.00 for (Little Stinkers)Porta Potty, $80.00 Field Day Food, $24.00 Web Fee, $39.90 Web Name; Ending Balance; $1,482.10
Ham test: Bruce Walker KE7SJZ –Saturday, there are 7 takers scheduled
ERA: Harley Leach KI7XF-The ERA is now a tax exempt association. Rent for the repeater site is $1,500. There is currently $1,200 in the ERA account. Kay Newman presented the GHRC with a check for $250 from the Wind Drinkers Association for communications help during the Ridge Run. It was voted and agreed upon to give the $250 to the ERA. Discussions on Fundraiser ideas took place it was decided upon that the ERA board is responsible for planning the fundraisers
SAR: Don Wilson KC7EWZ-One Granite Peak Recue, three mutual aids, and one search for a missing Alzheimer patient
88 Net: Every Tuesday at 8pm on the 88 Repeater
Foxhunt: Harley Leach KI7XF-Had one ending at Murdocks hamburger feed
HF: Don Godward N7FLT-havent been on much. There has been good information on the hurricane
DMR: Rich Michau W7AMT- Busy, new contacts. South Africa being the best contact, other contacts include Europe and Australia
APRS: Norm Reger KD7TQM-APRS is working
Gardiner repeater/NYARC (North Yellowstone Armature Radio Club): Harley Leach KI7XF-Linking Bozeman Pass to other locations is working well.
• MRLA (Montana Radio Link Association)-Budget Finances are down in the dumps. Please consider donating
• Website Updates: Nothing reported
• Summer Field Day: June 22-24th. Field Day was fun, dry and there was one flat tire.
A discussion for a different venue for the summer 2020 Field Day was held and it was agreed upon to have Field Day in Gateway at Bruce Walker KE7SJZ friend’s campground. Camping per night is $15 for nonelectrical site and $25 for electrical. Bathrooms are provided so no porta potty is needed. There are some trees. Bruce will reserve for 2020.
• Ridge Run: Thanks to all the volunteers! David Summerfield sent a nice appreciation letter to the club. Kay Newman N7ZHN presented the GHRC with a check for $250 from the Wind Drinkers Association for communications help during the Ridge Run.
• Belgrade Fall Fest: Norm Reger KD7TQM-September 21st Still need volunteers, meet at the soccer fields about 7:30 am parade starts at 10am
• Cycle Greater Yellowstone: Bruce Walker KE7SJZ-The race was six days long. It was really cool. Looking for volunteers for next year. It will be held in the Butte/Dillon area. Call Ron Glass WN7Y @ 406-690-9441 to volunteer.
• Blazing Saddles would like help on September 14. Contact Don Godward N7FLT
• Silent Key; Fred Cady KE7X; Memorial Service will be held at the Lindley Center, 1102 East Kurtis, this Sunday, September 8th. There will be beer and brats. Looking for help to serve beer and brats
• Holiday Dinner: Don Wilson KC7EWZ-Farmhouse Café offers a buffet style, one choice of entrée for a dinner party. The whole restaurant is closed to the public at night. Beer and wine can be brought in and consumed but no hard liquor. Don will check into the farmhouse café more
• Next Ham Meeting is September 3rd
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:00 P.M.
• September: No Presentation
• October: Harley Leach KI7XF-Seminar on Repeaters
~ If you’d like to do a presentation please talk to Norm Reger KD7TQM or bring it up at the next meeting
GHRC 2019 EVENTS Schedule
• No upcoming events
Minutes respectfully submitted by Falicia Anderson KF7TAH
W7ED Club Information:
Gallatin Ham Radio Club address: GHRC, PO Box 4381, Bozeman, MT, 59772
W7ED Website: gallatinhamradio.com
Facebook: Montana Ham Radio
Email group (yahoo group)/Reflector: email@example.com
Yearly Due Information:
-GHRC Dues; $10 for student, $20 for single member, $25 for family. Please give check or cash to
Eric Anderson AC7V GHRC Treasurer, there is no PayPal account at this time
– ERA Dues; Suggested annual $30, can be paid online with PayPal or given to Ray Harbeck
KG7RAU ERA President
-MRLA Dues; can be paid to Harley Leach KI7XF